- April 16, 2015
- Metro Art Presents Rush Hour Reading in Honor of National Poetry Month at Union Station Apr. 28
Enjoy a little “poetry in motion” at Union Station on Tuesday, Apr. 28! In collaboration with the Poetry Society of America, Metro Art will bring Los Angeles-based poets Kate Gale, Robin Coste Lewis, 2012 Los Angeles Poet Laureate Eloise Klein Healy and Los Angeles Poet Laureate Luis Rodriguez for Metro Presents: Rush Hour Reading. The free event celebrates National Poetry Month, which marks the importance of poetry in our culture and everyday lives.
- Keywords: Metro Art, National Poetry Month
- April 16, 2015
- Metro Attacks Sexual Harassment With “Off Limits” Public Information and Enforcement Campaign
Declaring that sexual harassment is “off limits,” the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) and the sexual and domestic violence prevention center, Peace Over Violence, today launch a multi-faceted campaign to stop harassment on Metro buses and trains.
- Keywords: sexual harassment, safety, Transit Watch
- April 10, 2015
- L.A. Transportation Stakeholders Stand Up 4 Transportation, Call Upon Congress to Renew Investment in Los Angeles County’s Transportation Infrastructure
L.A. area transportation stakeholders join more than 300 organizations and community groups throughout the U.S. to call for action as expiration of Federal Transportation Bill approaches on May 31
- Keywords: stand up 4 transportation
- April 07, 2015
- Tree Removal to Begin for Utility Installation and Road Widening Work on the Regional Connector Light Rail Line
Regional Connector Constructors (RCC) under contract to Metro will remove seven trees along 1st Street between Alameda and Vignes streets anticipated to take place on April 15 and 16 in preparation for a new utility line and roadway widening as part of the Regional Connector light rail project in downtown Los Angeles.
- Keywords: tree removal, regional connector, little tokyo
- April 07, 2015
- Five Miles of New Bus Lanes to Open on Wilshire Boulevard
Phase Two Grand Opening of Project Designed to Shorten Commutes
Bus riders on one of the busiest traffic corridors will enjoy a faster commute when the second phase of peak hour bus lanes on Wilshire Boulevard open at 7 a.m. on Wednesday, April 8.
- Keywords: bus lanes, Wilshire BRT
- April 06, 2015
- Metro Pilot Program Strives to Provide Financial, Other Support To Small Businesses Working Hard to Combat Impact of Rail Construction
Los Angeles Mayor and Metro Board Chair Eric Garcetti, along with Metro Board members Los Angeles County Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas and Jacquelyn Dupont-Walker, delivered checks totaling $66,310 to four small business owners impacted by construction of the expanding Metro Rail system.
- Keywords: crenshaw/lax; small business
- March 23, 2015
- Metro’s Dodger Stadium Express Bus Service from Union Station and the Harbor Gateway Transit Center to Dodger Stadium set to run during 2015 Dodger Games
Metro will offer Dodger Stadium Express bus service from Union Station in downtown Los Angeles to Dodger Stadium beginning on Saturday, April 4 for the Dodgers/Angels exhibition game and throughout the 2015 regular season under a grant approved by the Mobile Source Air Pollution Reduction Review Committee (MSRC). The Dodgers’ 2015 season kicks off on Opening Day against the San Diego Padres on Monday, April 6
- Keywords: Dodger, Stadium, Express Bus, Service, Union Station