- August 20, 2014
- A Better Blue Line: 30-Day Closure of Four Metro Blue Line Stations in Downtown Long Beach to Start Sept. 20
Rail service will be replaced by bus shuttles during closure
Metro will begin work on a major upgrade and modernization of the Metro Blue Line in downtown Long Beach on Saturday, Sept. 20. The work will require a 30-day closure of four Metro Blue Line stations in Long Beach: Downtown Long Beach Station, Pacific Street Station, 1st Street Station and 5th Street Station. But Metro will operate free bus shuttles in place of rail service in the Long Beach Loop during the closure.
- Keywords: better blue line, Blue Line Upgrades, Metro Blue Line,
- August 18, 2014
- Four Week Full Street Closure Planned in Downtown Los Angeles along 2nd Street between Spring Street and Broadway for Regional Connector Utility Relocation Work beginning August 23
As part of advanced relocation of utilities to pave the way for the construction of station boxes and tunnels to begin on the Regional Connector Project, 2nd Street between Spring Street and Broadway will remain closed for a 4- week period beginning Saturday, August 23.
- Keywords: Regional Connector, utility, Street Closures, downtown l.a.,
- August 18, 2014
- L.A. Metro Asks for Public's Help in Recommending Potential Locations for New Bike Sharing Pilot Program
Help Build Bikeshare
In efforts to jumpstart the shared use of bicycles for short distance trips, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) today announced it is seeking public suggestions on potential bike share locations in Downtown Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Long Beach and Pasadena as part of a new pilot program.
- Keywords: Bike Share, Pilots, Bike Metro,
- August 14, 2014
- L.A. Metro to Hold Community Meeting for Purple Line Extension Project September 18, 2014
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) is holding its next community meeting to update the public on progress of pre-construction activities for the first phase of the Metro Purple Line Extension Project on September 18, 2014 in Los Angeles' Mid-Wilshire District, and invites public participation.
- Keywords: Purple Line Extension, community meetings,
- August 11, 2014
- Metro Fare Changes to be Implemented September 15 Offering Free 2-Hour Transfers for Stored Value TAP Card Holders; Student K-12 Fares Unchanged
Metro Offers Reduced Fare Programs
Metro will implement new fare changes beginning Monday, September 15 that will include for the first time a two-hour period of free transfers on Metro's bus and rail system when using a stored value TAP (Transit Access Pass) card to pay for the base fare. The fare changes, following extensive public hearings and Board approval last May, will raise the price of the base cash fare from $1.50 to $1.75, the Day Pass from $5 to $7, the weekly pass from $20 to $25 and the monthly pass from $75 to $100.
- Keywords: fare changes,
- August 11, 2014
- Metro Presents: Los Angeles’ Only Forrô Band to Perform at Union Station
Môfo, the only band in Los Angeles playing in the "pé de serra" style of forró, will perform at historic Union Station on Friday, August 22. Forrô (pronounced fo-HAW) is an accordion-driven, hip-swiveling style of dance music that originated in the northeast of Brazil. The group will appear as part of Metro Presents, the agency's ongoing program of arts and cultural events at the iconic station.
- Keywords: Metro Presents, union station, fred harvey room, Events,
- August 01, 2014
- Metro Presents: The California Feetwarmers Perform at Union Station Friday, Aug. 8
The California Feetwarmers will bring their unique blend of New Orleans jazz, swing and ragtime to Union Station on Friday, Aug. 8. The performance is part of Metro Presents, the agency's ongoing program of arts and cultural events at the iconic station.
- Keywords: Metro Presents, union station,
- July 29, 2014
- Metro Motion Wins Emmy at 66th Los Angeles Area Emmy Awards
Metro has won an Emmy for the Metro Motion Union Station 75th Anniversary TV show, which aired prior to the May 3 Union Station anniversary celebration. The show contains interviews with many key players in the Union Station story, including Metro CEO Art Leahy.
- Keywords: Emmys, Metro Motion, , union station,
- July 23, 2014
- Motorists and the General Public Have Options for Accessing LAX During Century Crunch, July 25-28
Century Crunch is this weekend, July 25-28, and those planning to travel to LAX are being reminded that Century Boulevard at Aviation Boulevard will be closed for 57 hours so that an old railroad bridge can be demolished and replaced by a new state-of-the-art light-rail station for the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project.
- Keywords: options, Access, LAX, Century Crunch, July 25-28