- December 16, 2014
- One More Week Needed to Complete Decking for Future Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project Underground Station
Due to recent rains the detour on Crenshaw Boulevard for construction of the Crenshaw/Expo underground station will need to be extended for an additional week in January. The extra time is required so that the decking can be completed for the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project Expo station.
- Keywords: Crenshaw Transit Corridor, crenshaw blvd, Crenshaw/LAX,
- December 12, 2014
- L.A. Metro to Debut "Valley-Westside Express" Non-stop Bus Service Utilizing I-405 Carpool Lanes Through the Sepulveda Pass
New service can save transit riders 20 minutes each way
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) today announced that it will launch a brand new "Valley-Westside Express" bus service beginning Monday, December 15 to provide transit riders with a faster, easier way to travel between the San Fernando Valley and West Los Angeles.
- Keywords: I-405, Valley Westside Express,
- December 11, 2014
- Metro to Offer Special Holiday Free Fares Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve
Get home safely by letting Metro do the driving. Metro will once again offer a special holiday free rides on all Metro Bus and Rail lines operating on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve.
- Keywords: free fares, holiday service, New Year's Eve fares, Christmas Eve,
- December 05, 2014
- Metro to Implement Bus Changes Effective Sunday, December 14
New Valley-Westside Express Service to Debut
Starting December 14, Metro will make minor changes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Metro bus service throughout the region. In the San Fernando Valley, Metro will introduce a new express service between the Valley and the Westside, which is complimented by the modification of three Metro Rapid and two Local Valley lines. For complete details, look for revised timetables on metro.net or on buses during December.
- Keywords: Service Changes, bus scehdules,
- December 03, 2014
- Free Film Screening of ‘The Wizard of Oz’ at Union Station Saturday, Dec. 20
Arrive early to participate in a costume contest and dine at food trucks
Celebrate the holiday season with a free, all-ages screening of the beloved, classic film 'The Wizard of Oz' at Union Station on Saturday, Dec. 20. The screening will take place inside the station's majestic Historic Ticketing Hall and is the finale to the station's milestone 75th anniversary celebration and a part of Metro Presents, a series of free arts and cultural programs at the iconic station.
- Keywords: Metro Presents, union station 75, union, film,
- December 03, 2014
- L.A. Metro Seeks Additional Public Input for Potential Bikesharing Throughout Los Angeles County
Help Build L.A. County Bike Sharing
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) today announced it is seeking additional public suggestions on new potential bike share areas throughout Los Angeles County.
- Keywords: Bike Share, public input,
- November 26, 2014
- Two Metro Silver Line Stations to Close Temporarily
Due to scheduled construction, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will close the Metro Silver Line stations at Cal State L.A. and LAC+USC Medical Center temporarily and will operate a free bus shuttle to minimize inconvenience.
- Keywords: Metro Silver Line,
- November 26, 2014
- Eat, Shop, Play Crenshaw for the Holidays
Once again it's time for the holidays but this year let's try something entirely different: less fussing and more shopping and we can even help our neighbors in need. If we join Metro's Eat, Shop, Play Crenshaw campaign to support Crenshaw/LAX transit project neighborhoods, we'll be rewarded with great gifts and services at excellent prices. We might even feel good about it.
- Keywords: Crenshaw, eat shop play
- November 25, 2014
- Don’t Let Traffic Ruin Your Holiday Shopping Experience, Go Metro Instead!
Los Angeles may not be a winter wonderland during the holiday season, but it does have some of the best shopping destinations this side of the western hemisphere. Whether you're into shopping malls or flea markets, Metro can take you where you want to go for that ultimate holiday shopping experience. Best of all, going Metro means skipping holiday traffic and getting deep discounts!
- Keywords: Shopping, holiday shopping, Go Metro,
- November 24, 2014
- LASD and Metro Seek Public's Help Finding Suspect in Connection with Violent Assault on Bus Operator
Following the brutal assault of a bus operator on her route on Monday, November 17, 2014, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department (LASD) and the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) are seeking the public's assistance to find the suspect and bring him to justice.
- Keywords: operators, LASD, security,