- March 03, 2015
- Metro Rail is your Ticket to see the ASICS LA Marathon Sunday, March 15
The ASICS Los Angeles Marathon returns on Sunday, March 15 with the "Stadium to the Sea" course running once again from Dodger Stadium near downtown Los Angeles to Santa Monica and your best ticket to see all the racing action is to use the Metro Rail system.
- Keywords: LA marathon, bus detours, go metro
- February 27, 2015
- Metro Holds series of Public Hearings March 17 & 18 on Unmet Public Transit Needs for the City of Avalon and the North County
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will be holding a series of Transportation Development Act (TDA) Article 8 public hearings for the use of TDA Article 8 funds for unmet public transit needs in the City of Avalon and in the North County.
- Keywords: Avalon, north county, public hearings,
- February 19, 2015
- Metro Celebrates Black History Month with Free Art Tour Along the Expo Line
Celebrate Black History Month with a tour of artworks by important African American artists along the Metro Expo Line on Saturday, Feb. 28. The free, one-day only tour will include visits to Michael Massenburg's All in a Day at Farmdale Station and Willie Middlebrook's Wanderers at Expo/Crenshaw Station from the perspective of renowned artist June Edmonds.
- Keywords: Metro Art Tours, Black History Month
- February 17, 2015
- Metro Bus and Rail Detours for the 87th Annual Academy Awards
- Seven bus lines will be detoured this week and Metro Red Line will bypass Hollywood/Highland
Metro Red Line service will operate on a regular, Sunday schedule but will bypass Hollywood/Highland Station on Sunday, February 22 for the entire service day due to the 87th annual Academy Awards show at the adjacent Dolby Theatre. There will be no public access to Hollywood/Highland Station. Customers are advised to use Hollywood/Vine Station as an alternative and walk or transfer to nearby bus service, most of which will be detoured via nearby Sunset Boulevard.
- Keywords: detours, Oscars, Academy Awards,
- February 10, 2015
- L.A. Metro's New "Complete Streets" Policy Gains National Recognition
- Metro policy is ranked among the best in the nation, according to Smart Growth America's National Complete Streets Coalition
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority's (Metro) newly adopted Complete Streets Policy, designed to help plan a better street environment for all types of users, including pedestrians, bicyclists, public transit, motorists and others, has garnered national recognition as one of the nation's best by Smart Growth America's National Complete Streets Coalition.
- Keywords: complete streets
- February 09, 2015
- Officials Visit New Business Solution Center to Help Merchants Impacted by Light-Rail Construction
Los Angeles Mayor and Metro Board Chair Eric Garcetti, along with Metro Board members Los Angeles County Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas and Inglewood Mayor James T. Butts today toured Metro's recently opened Business Solution Center to help businesses impacted by construction of the Crenshaw/LAX light-rail line between 48th and 60th streets.
- Keywords: Crenshaw/LAX, business opportunity,
- February 06, 2015
- Metro Wants Public Feedback on the new Transit Station to Connect to LAX; Sets Scoping Meeting for Monday, February 23
Metro is planning a new transit station that will connect the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) to the regional rail system and wants public feedback on proposals being discussed at an upcoming scoping meeting set for Monday, February 23.
- Keywords: Airport Metro Connector, LAX,
- February 02, 2015
- Section Two of L.A. Metro's Purple Line Subway Extension Project Included in President Obama's Proposed FY16 Budget
Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti, business, environmental, labor and community leaders today applauded the inclusion of $100 million in President Obama's proposed FY16 Budget for the second section of the Metro Purple Line Extension Project, calling the action an important step in keeping Metro's planned subway construction toward West Los Angeles on track. The President's budget also recommends that Section 2 of the subway receive a Full Funding Grant Agreement (FFGA) which, if granted, would serve as the commitment to provide federal matching funds for this portion of the subway. Section 1 of the project received an FFGA this past spring. The Mayor also praised the President for including $230 million for Metro's two existing New Starts projects - the Regional Connector and the first section of the Purple Line Extension ($115 million each).
- Keywords: budget, Purple Line Extension,
- February 02, 2015
- Metro Green Line Weekend Construction Rehab Work to Close Four Stations; Free Bus Shuttle Service to be Provided
Metro plans to conduct construction rehab work on the Metro Green Line this coming weekend which will close four stations beginning Friday, Feb. 6 at 9 p.m. through 4:30 a.m. on Monday, Feb. 9.
- Keywords: green line, Improvements, maintenance, Signal,
- February 02, 2015
- Make a Connection for Valentine’s Day with Speed Dating on the Red Line Friday, Feb. 13
Finding Valentine's Day love can be tough when you're always on the go. But this year - for the second time - Metro will make it easier with lunch-time Speed Dating on the Red Line Feb. 13. Come ride the rails and see if you can make a friend while in transit! Special guests from the L.A. Kings, L.A. Clippers, the Harlem Globetrotters, the Hollywood Pantages and Da' Hip-Hop Wizzard of Oz will help with the matchmaking. Two Metro Cupids also will be along for the ride, and a special flower cart and See's Candies will offer deals for daters at Union Station.
- Keywords: speed dating on the red line, Valentine's Day,