- October 23, 2014
- Metro Board Awards Business Solution Center Contract to Del Richardson & Associates, Inc. for the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project
In another unprecedented step today the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Board of Directors awarded a two-year contract for $646,462 to Del Richardson & Associates, Inc. (DRA) to operate Metro's pilot Business Solution Center (BSC) to help small businesses impacted by Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project construction. The contract includes two one-year options for $349,682 for total of $996,144.
- Keywords: Crenshaw Transit Corridor, Small Businesses,
- October 17, 2014
- Metro Unveils New Rail Car for Expanding Metro System
Vanguard of the Expanding Rail Fleet
To continue unprecedented growth in public transportation in the region and to fulfill the promise made to voters when they passed Measure R in 2008, the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) today unveiled the first of 78 light rail cars for use on the expanding Metro Rail system.
- Keywords: Kinkisharyo, rail cars,
- October 15, 2014
- Go Metro to Dia de los Muertos Celebrations Around Los Angeles
Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) is a time to honor the lives of those who have passed and celebrate the cycle of life. There are various Día de los Muertos events and celebrations taking place at cultural landmarks around Los Angeles, and Metro is the best way to get to them.
- Keywords: Go Metro, Destination Discounts, dia de los muertos, Day of the Dead,
- October 13, 2014
- Free Metro Gold Line Art Tour Leads to Self Help Graphics’ Legendary Day of the Dead Celebration in Boyle Heights Nov. 2
Celebrate life and honor the lives of those who have passed with Metro on a special Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) themed art tour on Sunday, Nov. 2. The free, one-night-only tour will explore artworks in the Metro system through the lens of artist Consuelo Flores. The tour will depart at 4:30 p.m. from the Metro Gold Line East LA Civic Center Station and end at 6 pm. at Self Help Graphics' 41st Annual Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) Celebration.
- Keywords: Metro Art Tours, Day of the Dead,
- October 13, 2014
- Rodeo Road at Crenshaw Boulevard set to close for two weeks beginning Friday, Oct. 24
Metro's contractor for the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project Walsh/Shea Corridor Contractor (WSCC), will implement a full street closure at Rodeo Road and Crenshaw Boulevard for 14 consecutive days beginning Friday, Oct. 24, to finish construction of the wall perimeter for the future underground Crenshaw/Expo light rail station.
- Keywords: Crenshaw LAX, Crenshaw/LAX, Crenshaw/LAX Transit Corridor Project, Street Closures,
- October 10, 2014
- Metro Presents: Free Live Music and Dance Performances at Union Station
Three Metro Presents events are scheduled to take place at Los Angeles Union Station on Friday, Oct. 24, Wednesday, Oct. 29 and Wednesday, Nov. 5.
- Keywords: Metro Presents, Go Metro, Go Metro,
- September 30, 2014
- Metro Breaks Ground on New Regional Connector Light Rail Project in Downtown Los Angeles
Federal, State & Local Elected Officials Join in Groundbreaking Ceremony
Metro joined U.S Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx along with state and local elected officials today to officially break ground on the $1.420 billion Regional Connector Light Rail Project in downtown Los Angeles that will better connect the Metro Blue, Gold and Expo lines with the rest of the region.
- Keywords: Groundbreaking, Regional Connector, little tokyo,
- September 25, 2014
- Metro to Issue Get Out of Traffic Licenses at Four Metro Stations During California Rideshare Week, Oct. 6 - 10
Pledge to share the ride, ease traffic, and be entered to win prizes
Los Angeles is a city long known for the worst congestion in the nation, but people are choosing to improve their commutes by sharing the ride. And to celebrate their commitment to beating traffic, Metro will be issuing 'Get Out of Traffic Licenses' to commuters at four Metro stations and at the Civic Center Clean Air/Rideshare Fair during California Rideshare Week, Oct. 6 - 10.
- Keywords: Rideshare Week, Rideshare, Get Out of Traffic, Go Metro,