Friday April 22, 2011
The project consists of corridor improvements, including weekday bus lanes in each direction during peak hour periods, on Wilshire Boulevard between just west of downtown Los Angeles and the City of Santa Monica border.
The FEIR/EA was revised following its initial release in November 2010. In December 2010, the Metro Board of Directors directed additional study to consider a one-mile reduction in the length of bus lanes between Comstock and Selby avenues in the Westwood area.
In the Revised FEIR/EA, "Alternative A-1" includes bus lanes for 7.7 miles of Wilshire from the Santa Monica/Los Angeles border to just east of Westwood Boulevard, from Comstock Avenue to the western border of Beverly Hills, and from San Vicente Boulevard to South Park View Street, just west of downtown. The document also evaluates another alternative that would include 5.4 miles of bus lanes from San Vicente Boulevard to South Park View Street.
The Metro Board will consider certification of the Revised FEIR/EA at the board meeting scheduled for May 26. The Los Angeles City Council and Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors must also approve the project.
The public is invited to send questions or comments no later than May 23 by mail to Martha Butler, Project Manager, Metro, One Gateway Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90012. Send comments by e-mail to email@example.com.
Additionally, two meetings to be held at Metro Headquarters in downtown Los Angeles will provide opportunities for public input: Wednesday, May 18 at 1 p.m. at the Metro Planning and Programming Committee meeting, and Thursday, May 26, at 9 a.m. at the regular Metro Board meeting.
The revised FEIR/EA is available online at metro.net/Wilshire. A copy of the document may also be reviewed at the following locations:
- Metro Records Management Center, Plaza Level, One Gateway Plaza, Los Angeles
- Metro Transportation Library, One Gateway Plaza, 15th Floor, Los Angeles, (213) 922-4859
- Felipe de Neve Library, 2820 W. 6th Street, Los Angeles, (213) 384-7676
- Pio Pico - Koreatown Library, 694 S. Oxford Avenue, Los Angeles, (213) 368-7647
- Memorial Library, 4625 W. Olympic Boulevard, Los Angeles, (323) 938-2732
- Beverly Hills Public Library, 444 N. Rexford Drive, Beverly Hills, (310) 288-2220
- Westwood Library, 1246 Glendon Avenue, Los Angeles, (310) 474-1739
- West Los Angeles Regional Library, 11360 Santa Monica Boulevard, Los Angeles, (310) 575-8323
- Donald Bruce Kaufman - Brentwood Library, 11820 San Vicente Boulevard, Los Angeles, (310) 575-8273.