Tuesday June 05, 2012
To better serve the newly opened Metro Expo Line now operating between downtown Los Angeles and La Cienega and Jefferson, Metro will implement various route modifications to lines 42, 217, 220, 450, 460, 534, 550, 705, 740, 754, 757, and the Metro Silver Line allowing better bus connections to Expo line stations.
In addition, Metro will implement a new route extension to Line 30 to West Hollywood. Select trips will operate on San Vicente Boulevard between Pico/Rimpau Transit Center and West Hollywood. Service east of downtown Los Angeles will serve 1st Street in both directions and all trips will now operate through the Pico/Rimpau Transit center.
Metro Line 330 will replace Metro Rapid Line 730 with new peak hour limited stop service making all stops on Boradway in downtown Los Angeles with new stops at Pico/Arlington and Pico/Crenshaw.
Line 305 (Westwood-Leimert Park-South LA-Willowbrook) will be discontinued. Line 305 service on San Vicente Boulevard will be replaced with Lines 30 and 330. Limited Stop Line 363 will be discontinued and replaced with new peak hour service on Line 162 serving all stops on Sherman Way and Lankershim Boulevard.
Line 439 (Downtown LA-Culver City Transit Center via I-10 Freeway) will be discontinued. Service will be provided by Line 217 with all trips extended to the Metro Expo Line La Cienega/Jefferson Station and select trips extended further south along route of former Line 439 to provide new all weekday service to Culver City Transit Center.
Below is a complete list of Metro Bus service changes to be implemented Sunday, June 17. For route information visit metro.net.
- 30 West Hollywood-Pico/Rimpau-Downtown LA-Indiana Station via San Vicente, Pico Bl & East 1st St New route extension to West Hollywood.
Select trips operate on San Vicente Bl between Pico/Rimpau Transit Center and West Hollywood. Service east of Downtown LA will serve 1st St in both directions. All trips will operate through the Pico/Rimpau Transit Center.
- 330 West Hollywood-Pico/Rimpau-Downtown LA-Little Tokyo Station via San Vicente & Pico Bl New peak hour limited stop service replaces Line 730.
This new service makes all stops on Broadway in Downtown LA with new stops at Pico/Arlington and Pico/Crenshaw. Select trips operate on San Vicente Bl between Pico/Rimpau Transit Center and West Hollywood.
- 42 LAX City Bus Center to Downtown LA/Union Station via La Tijera Bl, Stocker St, ML King Bl Route is renumbered Line 102.
New route modification to provide improved connection with Expo/Western Station and interline with Line 102 to Huntington Park. For service to Downtown LA, use Metro Expo Line from Expo/Western Station. For service on Martin Luther King Jr Bl or Broadway, use Line 40.
- 66Wilshire Ctr-Downtown LA-Montebello via 8th-Olympic
Beginning at 9pm, all Owl trips will serve the 7th/Broadway Owl Lineup.
- 102 Baldwin Village - South Gate via Coliseum St
Service west of Western Av discontinued. Service will be provided by Metro Expo Line.
- 163/363 West Hills Medical Center-Sun Valley/North Hollywood Station via Sherman Wy & Lankershim Bl
Limited Line 363 discontinued and replaced with new peak hour Line 162, serving all stops on Sherman Wy and Lankershim Bl.
- 167 Chatsworth Station-Studio City via Plummer St & Coldwater Cyn Av
Route modified to serve new CSUN Transit Center.
- 177 LaCanada-Sierra Madre Villa Station via I-210, California Bl & Walnut St
Service east of Pasadena City College discontinued.
- 202 Willowbrook-Compton-Wilmington via Alameda St
Route modified to serve new Gateway Towne Center on Alameda St across from Metro Blue Line Artesia Station.
- 217 Hollywood/Vine Station-Fairfax -Culver City Transit Center via Hollywood Bl, Fairfax Av & La Cienega Bl
All trips extended to the Metro Expo Line La Cienega/Jefferson Station and select trips extended further south along route of former Line 439 to provide new all weekday service to Culver City Transit Center.
- 220 Beverly Center-Culver City via Robertson Bl
Route modified to serve Metro Expo Line Culver City Station.
- 232 LAX City Bus Center-Long Beach via Sepulveda Bl & Pacific Coast Hwy
Service will be provided on Long Beach Bl in both directions terminating at the Long Beach Transit Mall. Stops on Pacific Av at 3rd St and 5th St and on 6th St are relocated to Long Beach Bl.
- 287 Montebello via Mission-Tyler-Rush
Line will be renumbered Line 176.
- 305 Westwood-Leimert Park-South LA-Willowbrook
Route discontinued. Service on San Vicente Bl has been replaced with Lines 30 and 330.
- 439 Downtown LA-Culver City Transit Center via I-10 Fwy
Line discontinued. See Line 217 description for replacement service.
- 450 Downtown LA-San Pedro via Harbor Transitway and 460 Downtown LA-Disneyland via Harbor Transitway/105 Fwy
New stop on Flower St at 23rd St will allow connection to the Metro Expo Line 23rd Street Station.
- 534 Malibu Express-Washington/Fairfax Transit Hub via Pacific Coast Hwy
All trips exit/enter I-10 Freeway from Robertson Bl to serve the Metro Expo Line Culver City Station at Venice/Robertson for an improved connection to Downtown LA. Service continues to Washington/Fairfax Transit Hub.
- 550 Exposition Park-Artesia Transit Center -San Pedro via Harbor Transitway
Route modification terminates all weekday rush hour trips at USC/Expo Park. Non-rush hour and all weekend trips will terminate at Artesia Transit Center. Service to West Hollywood has been replaced with Lines 30 and 330.
- 607 Windsor Hills-Inglewood Shuttle
Route modified to serve Ladera Center at La Tijera Bl and Centinela Av.
- 620 Boyle Heights Shuttle
Route modified to serve 1st St and Mott Av.
- 705 West Hollywood-Vernon via La Cienega Bl & Vernon Av
New stop added at Metro Expo Line La Cienega/Jefferson Station.
- 730 Downtown LA-Pico/Rimpau via Pico Bl
Service replaced by Line 330.
- 740 Expo/Crenshaw Station-Redondo Beach via Crenshaw Bl & Hawthorne Bl
Route modification provides connection with Expo/Crenshaw Station. For service to Downtown LA, use Metro Expo Line from Expo/Crenshaw Station. For service on Martin Luther King Jr Bl or Broadway, use Line 40.
- 741 Northridge-Tarzana via Reseda Bl
Route modified to serve new CSUN Transit Center
- 754 Hollywood- Athens via Vermont Av
New stop added at Expo/Vermont Station.
- 757 Hollywood-Crenshaw Station via Western Av
New stop added at Expo/Western Station.
- 761 Pacoima-Westwood via Van Nuys Bl & Sepulveda Bl
New stop added at Van Nuys and Plummer.
- 762 Pasadena-Artesia Station via Atlantic Bl
Discontinue service north of Colorado and Fair Oaks.
- Metro Silver LineEl Monte-Los Angeles-Artesia Transit Center
Route modification will allow connection to the Metro Expo Line 23rd Street Station. Service will improve during weekday rush hours and weekends.
- Metro Orange Line North Hollywood-Warner Center-Chatsworth
Service on the new Metro Orange Line Extension is expected to start this summer. Check metro.net for an opening date announcement.
In addition, minor changes have been made to other bus schedules. Please check for revised timetables on metro.net or on buses.
"L.A. bus service" "bus service" "bus service changes"