Friday July 01, 2011
Metro selected bus lines for free fares that operate on major Westside and San Fernando Valley streets in areas most affected by the closure. Free rides on the selected bus lines are intended to help mitigate congestion during the closure weekend. Free fares are being offered on the following Metro bus lines:
- 2 Downtown LA-Pacific Palisades via Sunset Bl
- 4 Downtown LA-West Hollywood-Santa Monica via Santa Monica Bl
- 20 Downtown LA-Santa Monica via Wilshire Bl
- 33 Downtown LA - Santa Monica via Venice Bl
- 150 Canoga Park-Universal City Station via Ventura Bl
- 152 Woodland Hills-North Hollywood Station via Fallbrook Av
- 155 Sherman Oaks-Burbank Station via Riverside Dr, Olive Av
- 156 Van Nuys-Hollywood-Panorama City
- 158 Chatsworth Station - Sherman Oaks via Devonshire St, Woodman Av
- 161 Thousand Oaks Transit Center-Warner Center
- 183 Sherman Oaks-Glendale Station via Magnolia Bl
- 224 Sylmar Station - Universal City Station via San Fernando Rd & Lankershim Bl
- 230 Mission College-Studio City via Laurel Canyon Bl
- 233 Lake View Terrace-Sherman Oaks via Van Nuys Bl
- 234 Mission College-Sherman Oaks via Sepulveda Bl & Brand Bl
- 236 Sylmar Station-Encino via Glenoaks Bl & Balboa Bl
- 240 Northridge via Reseda Bl
- 242 Porter Ranch-Woodland Hills via Tampa Av
- 243 Porter Ranch - Woodland Hills via Winnetka Av
- 244 Chatsworth Station-Woodland Hills via De Soto Av
- 245 Chatsworth Station - Woodland Hills via Topanga Canyon Bl
- 656 Van Nuys/Hollywood Owl
- 704 Metro Rapid - Downtown Los Angeles - Santa Monica via Santa Monica Bl
- 720 Metro Rapid - Santa Monica/Commerce via Wilshire Bl & Whittier Bl
- 733 Metro Rapid - Downtown Los Angeles/Santa Monica via Venice Bl.
- 761 Metro Rapid Pacoima/Westwood via Van Nuys Bl & Sepulveda Bl. (Note: buses will be using Sepulveda Boulevard between Ventura Boulevard and Getty Center Drive. Passengers should expect greatly extended travel times on this line between Sherman Oaks and Westwood due to anticipated traffic congestion).
Regular fares will apply for all other bus and rail lines during the closure weekend.
Metro has announced that is also adding 61 buses and 32 rail cars to enhance service on the bus and rail lines serving the area that will be impacted by the I-405 closure.
- The Metro Red and Purple lines will operate larger trains with 10-minute frequencies throughout the weekend.
- On the Metro Green Line, all trains will operate with two cars. In addition to regular weekend 15-minute daytime and 20-minute night service, additional trains and capacity will be added to provide overall 10-minute service throughout the day.
- Service will be increased on Metro Local lines 2 (Sunset Bl) and 150 (Ventura Bl), Metro Express Line 534 (Malibu), Metro Rapid lines 704 (Santa Monica Bl), 720 (Wilshire Bl), 733 (Venice Bl), 761 (Van Nuys Bl) and the Metro Orange Line.
Metro will closely monitor traffic congestion on all routes in the I-405 construction area and will make needed adjustments to bus service based on the current traffic conditions. Transit patrons should, however, anticipate longer trip times to reach their destinations and plan accordingly.
For additional information on Metro bus schedules, visit metro.net. For more information or updates about the I-405 Sepulveda Pass Improvements Project, visit metro.net/I-405.
I-405, "Sepulveda Pass" construction "405 freeway" 405 "freeway closure" mulholland rail bus "orange line"