- March 28, 2012
- Take Metro to Abilities EXPO at the Los Angeles Convention Center Friday March 30 through Sunday April 1
Take Metro to the Abilities Expo the nation's leading exhibition for persons with disabilities at the Los Angeles Convention Center in downtown Los Angeles. The Expo features a wide variety of products to people of all ages and encompasses the full spectrum of disabilities. The Expo runs Friday, March 30 and Saturday, March 31 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Sunday April 1 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is free.
- Keywords: Abilities EXPO Los Angeles Convention Center Metro
- March 27, 2012
- Go Metro to the 9th Annual Thai New Year Festival and Get a Free Gift
The 9th Annual Thai New Year (Songkran) Festival, presented by the Thai New Year Committee, will take place on Sunday, April 1, 2012 this year from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. The entire event is open to the public and free to attend. The festival is located adjacent to the Metro Red Line Hollywood/Western Station. Show your valid Metro pass or Metro Rail ticket at the festival's information booth and receive a free Thai umbrella while supplies last.
- Keywords: Songkran "Thai New Year"
- March 23, 2012
- Metro to Open New Expo Line to the Public on Saturday, April 28; Expo Test Trains Increase Frequency into Early Morning Peak Hours Beginning Sunday, March 25
Los Angeles Mayor and Metro Board Chair Antonio Villaraigosa announced today during a Metro Expo test train ride that the new light rail line between downtown Los Angeles and Culver City will open to the public on Saturday, April 28. Opening to the public in April will be the segment from downtown Los Angeles to the Expo/La Cienega Station. Construction work continues on the Culver City station which is expected to open later this summer.
- Keywords: New Expo Line to open Saturday, April 28
- March 22, 2012
- Metro to offer special Dodger Stadium Express bus service from Union Station to Dodger Stadium during pre-game and regular season 2012 Dodgers games
Metro will again offer Dodger Stadium Express bus service from Union Station in downtown Los Angeles to Dodger Stadium beginning April 3 with the Dodgers pre-game series and throughout the regular 2012 baseball season under a grant approved by the Mobile Source Air Pollution Reduction Review Committee (MSRC).
- March 22, 2012
- 550 new buses will be purchased to replace buses scheduled for retirement
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) Board of Directors approved a budget of $297 million today to purchase 550 new 40-foot transit buses fueled by compressed natural gas (CNG).
- Keywords: CNG bus "clean air"
- March 19, 2012
- L.A. Metro releases Final EIS/EIR, holds open houses for Westside Subway Extension project
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) today released its Final Environmental Impact Statement/Report (EIS/EIR) for the Westside Subway Extension Project. Metro has scheduled three community open houses March 26-29 throughout the proposed subway corridor to allow the public to learn more about the project and the report.
- Keywords: "westside subway extension" "Final EIS/EIR"
- March 19, 2012
- Dump the Pump and Learn How to Save Money with Metro
Carpools, vanpools, trains and buses - Metro is the solution to rising gas prices. Besides offering an expanding array of mass transit options at some of the lowest prices in the nation, Metro has a wide variety of programs to help you save money in other ways.
- Keywords: Dump pump save money Metro
- March 19, 2012
- Metro to Hold series of Public Hearings in March and April on Unmet Public Transit Needs for the North County and the City of Avalon
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will be holding a series of Transportation Development Act (TDA) Article 8 public hearings for the use of TDA Article 8 funds in the North County and the City of Avalon.
- Keywords: Public hearings transit needs North County, City of Avalon
- March 16, 2012
- Metro ridership numbers show sharp increase since beginning of year
As gas prices continue to climb and a recovering economy takes hold, recent Metro system ridership numbers show a sharp increase in weekday boardings during January and February of 2012.
- Keywords: ridership
- March 14, 2012
- Metro Expands Additional Train Testing on New Metro Expo Line into Early Morning Peak Hours Beginning Sunday, March 18
Public needs to "Stop, Look and Listen" when approaching Expo Line railroad tracks: Metro will expand the operation of test trains along the Metro Expo Line corridor beginning Sunday, March 18, running trains from 5 a.m. to 1 a.m., seven days a week, on a schedule of every 12 minutes to simulate regular service on the line once the system opens in early 2012.
- Keywords: Additional Train Testing New Metro Expo Line Early Morning Peak Hours
- March 07, 2012
- Best curbside view: Go Metro to the 27th annual Los Angeles Marathon, Sunday, March 18
Metro Rail is a top venue for spectators to view thousands of runners during the 27th annual Los Angeles Marathon set for Sunday, March 18.
- Keywords: "L.A. Marathon" "stadium to the sea"
- March 06, 2012
- Metro pass holders can still ride the historic Angels Flight® Railway for 25¢ despite planned fare increase
The historic Angels Flight® Railway in downtown Los Angeles, set to increase its fare to 50 cents starting Monday, March 12, 2012, will not impact Metro Pass holders who can still ride the system for only 25 cents.
- Keywords: Angels Flight fare
- March 05, 2012
- Metro Holds Community Workshop Meeting Wednesday, March 7 on Linking the Metro Rail System to LAX
Metro will host a community workshop meeting on Wednesday, March 7 to update community stakeholders on the study underway examining ways to connect the growing Metro Rail system to the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX).
- Keywords: Metro Green Line LAX workshop open house March