Go Metro to work, shopping, schools or entertainment all over Los Angeles County with our official app. Whether you're a first time rider and would like to find out how to get started or if you travel frequently and need to plan your trip out on the town, use this app to find all of the convenient ways to get there when you Go Metro.
Features in Go Metro Los Angeles 3.0
- Live Maps & Realtime Arrivals – View a live map of your route, vehicle location, and get realtime arrival.
- MyMetro – Previously visited trips, itineraries, routes, or stations/stops are automatically saved and can be favorited for easy access.
- Contextual System Alerts – See alerts and notifications based on your previous trips, itineraries, route selection, or stations/stops.
- Customer Assistance & Help – Call Customer Relations, TAP Help, and Metro Transit Security directly from the app. Locations of Metro Customer Centers and TAP resellers are integrated in the map.
- Native Trip Planner – The trip planner is integrated into the app and will allow mixed mode transit: rail, bus, bike, park & ride, and walking.
- New App Design – Updated user interface to be current with both iOS and Android systems, with context sensitive notifications and alerts.
View a ‘Live Map’ of any Metro Bus or Rail line and the live location of the vehicles. The map will also show your current location in context to the route selected, and you can still download the static maps for off-line use.
Nextrip Real-time Arrivals
Allow the app to access your device GPS location to get Nextrip real-time arrivals of your line and vehicle. You will also be able to download scheduled timetables for off-line use.
This feature uses your travel history (itineraries and trips) and saved favorites (lines, live maps, stops, and stations) to contextually display notifications, alerts, and messages. For example, if you have ridden the Metro Expo Line in the past, you will see system alerts for the Metro Expo Line. If you have never ridden the Metro Orange Line, you will not see system alerts for the Metro Orange Line. You may also edit your travel history and favorites list at any time.
Alerts and notifications are displayed in context to your relevant lines and stations/stops -- this is controled by your MyMetro information. In Settings, you can control how you want to see alerts on the Map screen and the Nextrip screen, you can also turn off alerts and notifications entirely.
Contact information for Customer Relations, TAP, and Transit Security is now one-click away from the main screen for quick customer help. Locations of Metro Customer Centers and TAP resellers are integrated into the map.
The trip planner is integrated into the app and will allow mixed mode transit: rail, bus, bike, park & ride, and walking.
Monday December 22, 2014