Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Wednesday, July 18, 2012 2:30 p.m.
Call to Order
Gloria Molina, Vice Chair
Michael D. Antonovich
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
Gatlinburg Falls Parkview Resort
1 Cheshire Court
Gatlinburg Falls, TN 37738
20. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to execute Modification No. 1 to Contract No. PS4710-2647 with AECOM Technical Services, Inc. to incorporate project changes for I-710 South Utility Study in the amount of $976,636, from $6,472,293 to $7,448,929 and extend the period of performance by 6 months from November 22, 2012 to May 22, 2013.
A. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to execute Modification No. 5 to Contract No. PS4370-2316 for Task 5 with InfraConsult, LLC, to provide Public-Private Partnership (PPP) consultation services in an amount not to exceed $4.5 million, increasing the Total Contract Value from $12,932,360 to $17,432,360;
B. approving Contract Modification Authority specific to Contract No. PS4370-2316 to fund pending changes in an amount not to exceed 15%; and
C. amending the FY13 budget to increase the revenues and expenditures by $1.9 million to cost center 2210, New Business Development, to deliver the Highway Goods Movement Package as a PPP project.
A. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to award an eleven month cost reimbursable Architect & Engineer Contract (No. PS 4320- 2897), to AECOM to perform design and outreach work for the Eastside Access Project - Unincorporated East Los Angeles in the amount of $1,449,498, inclusive of three phases: Phase I Design Development, Phase II Final Design and Construction Documents, and Phase III Construction Support Services; and
B. approving Contract Modification Authority specific to Contract No. PS 4320-2897 for up to 15 percent of the above amount to cover the cost of any potentially unforeseen issues that may arise during the above phases of the project. [HANDOUT]
A. recertifying $291.12 million in existing Fiscal Year (FY) 2012-13 commitments from previous Countywide Calls for Projects and authorizing the expenditure of funds to meet these commitments;
B. deobligating $36.47 million of previously approved Countywide Calls for Projects funding;
C. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to:
1. negotiate and execute all necessary agreements for approved projects; and
2. amend the FY 2012-13 budget, as necessary, to include the 2012 Countywide Call for Projects Recertification and Extension funding in the regional Programs budget;
D. reprogramming funding for the City of Santa Clarita:
1. Golden Valley Road Widening/Gap Closure over State Route 14 (#F5104) to FY 2012-13; and
2. Via Princessa Extension Golden Valley Road to Rainbow Glen (#F1168) to FY 2014-15;
E. approving changes in scopes of work and reprogramming funding for:
1. the County of Los Angeles – Third Street & La Verne Avenue Parking Structure (#F1414) to FY 2012-13;
2. the City of Inglewood – Florence Avenue Regional Transportation Corridor Improvement Project (#F3130) to FY 2012-13 and FY 2013-14; and
3. the City of Glendale Purchase of Nine 40-Ft CNG Buses for Glendale Beeline Fleet Project (#F3430) to FY 2012-13;
F. approving changes in scopes of work for:
1. the City of Los Angeles – Victory Blvd Widening from Topanga Cyn Blvd to De Soto Ave (#F1141); and
2. the City of Inglewood – La Brea Avenue Intersection Realignment Project (#F1106) funded through previous Calls for Projects;
G. reprogramming funding from previously deobligated project – the City of Palmdale Rancho Vista Blvd Grade Separation at Sierra Hwy/RR Tracks (#F1104) to previously deferred Calls for Projects:
1. the City of Palmdale North County Traffic Forum ITS Expansion (#F1300);
2. the County of Los Angeles – Gateway Cities Forum Traffic Signal Corridors, Phase V (#F1312); and
3. the County of Los Angeles – San Gabriel Valley Forum Traffic Signal Corridors (#F1321); and
H. receiving and filing time extensions for 72 projects.
A. approving updated Measure R I-710 Early Action Project list to include the Atlantic/Firestone Intersection Improvement project, contingent on the ratification from the I-710 Project Committee and the Gateway Cities Council of Governments (GCCOG) Board; and
B. increasing the FY 13 budget by adding $10.4 million in Cost Center 0442 in Highway Capital Project 460316 I-710 Early Action Projects.
27. RECEIVE AND FILE report on the Metro Countywide Signal Priority Program.
28. RECEIVE AND FILE status report on the Call for Projects with redevelopment funds.
29. RECEIVE oral report on Highway Program Project Budget and Schedule Status.
30. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION
Directions to Metro, One Gateway Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90012
* This is the unofficial format of the Planning & Programming Committee ** - REVISED agenda.
For viewing MS Word, Powerpoint, and Excel documents - Download Adobe Acrobat Reader (free) or use Google Docs Reader (online)