Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Wednesday, April 20, 2011 1:00 p.m.
Pam O’Connor, Chair
Zev Yaroslavsky, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
A. approving the updated Los Angeles County Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) priorities for use in programming funds for fiscal year (FY) 2010 11 to FY 2018 19;
B. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer, to assign or reassign, when necessary, federal, state and local funds to support Board-approved projects and programs, so long as the priorities of the LACMTA Board approved Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) and this report are not changed by the assignment or reassignment;
C. directing the Chief Executive Officer to report on a monthly basis any exercise of this delegated authority; and
D. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate and execute funding contracts or agreements as needed with Los Angeles County jurisdictions, agencies or other entities to provide funds programmed as authorized, consistent with the priorities of the LRTP and this report.
(CARRIED OVER FROM MARCH REGULAR BOARD MEETING)
A. adopting the Arbor Vitae/Bellanca (Site #14) as the Locally Preferred Alternative (LPA) Maintenance Facility Site subject to the close of the public comment period on April 11, 2011; and
B. receiving and filing:
1. Crenshaw/LAX Transit Corridor Supplemental Draft Environmental Impact Statement/Recirculated Draft Environmental Impact Report (SDEIS/RDEIR); and
2. status report on the preparation of the Final Environmental Impact Statement/Environmental Impact Report (EIS/EIR) for the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Corridor Project. [HANDOUT] (ALSO ON MEASURE R PROJECT DELIVERY COMMITTEE)
3. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to:
A. award and execute:
1. a firm fixed-price contract No. PS4370-2622 to KOA Corporation in the amount of $4,106,366 for professional services to complete the Alternatives Analysis (AA), Draft Environmental Impact Statement/Report (DEIS/R) and Conceptual Engineering (CE) for the Van Nuys Rapidway project including options for final environmental clearance, and clearance of other near and mid-term bus speed improvements;
2. contract modifications up to 20% of the contract value to cover the cost of any unforeseen issues that may arise during the AA/DEIS/R and CE; and
B. negotiate and execute a pass-through agreement with the City of Los Angeles for the installation of pedestrian lighting at selected bus stops along Reseda Boulevard using a Federal Transit Administration (FTA) earmark, contingent upon Los Angeles City Council action to accept the funds.
(ALSO ON MEASURE R PROJECT DELIVERY COMMITTEE)
4. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to establish a Life of Project (LOP) budget of $75,670,000 to construct four freeway soundwall projects:
A. Package #5: The I-405 Freeway from Devonshire to Mission Boulevard in the City of Los Angeles in the amount of $28,840,000;
B. Package #6: The I-405 Freeway from the San Gabriel River to Atherton Street in the City of Long Beach in the amount of $4,620,000;
C. Package #7: The SR-134 Freeway from Cahuenga Boulevard to Riverside Drive in the cities of Los Angeles and Burbank in the amount of $14,190,000; and
D. Package #8: The I-605 Freeway from North of Slauson Avenue to South of Obregon Street in the City of Whittier and unincorporated County area in the amount of $28,020,000.(ALSO ON CONSTRUCTION AND MEASURE R PROJECT DELIVERY COMMITTEES)
A. Findings and Statement of Overriding Considerations in accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) for Supplemental Environmental Impact Report (SEIR) prepared by the Metro Gold Line Foothill Extension Construction Authority ("Construction Authority") for the Eastern Operation and Maintenance (O&M) Facility; and
B. a $264.5 million budget envelope for land acquisition, design, and construction of the O&M facility. Of this amount, MTA will pay 75%, or $198.4 million, of actual expenditures up to the budget envelope using non-Foothill Extension project funds, while the Construction Authority will pay $66.1 million reflecting 25% of the O&M facility cost from their Phase 2A Measure R funds. Should expenditures exceed this amount, the Construction Authority will be responsible for 100% of the cost above the budget envelope. As additional rail lines are constructed (i.e. Gold Line Foothill Extension Phase 2B and Eastside Extension Phase 2), each project will provide funding from project fund sources to reimburse MTA's non-project funds used to construct this facility.
6. RECEIVE AND FILE construction status report on grade separation projects that are being built by the Alameda Corridor East Construction Authority.
(ALSO ON MEASURE R PROJECT DELIVERY COMMITTEE)
7. RECEIVE AND FILE response to the motion by Director Antonovich as approved by the LACMTA Board of Directors on March 24, 2011 that instructed the Chief Executive Officer to provide a full assessment of Los Angeles County projects impacted by the potential cancellation of Proposition 1B bond sales in Fall 2011; a comprehensive legislative strategy, a comprehensive mitigation strategy to keep projects on schedule, and an outreach plan to the Los Angeles County state legislative delegation.
(ALSO ON FINANCE AND BUDGET AND EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT AND AUDIT COMMITTEE)
8. RECEIVE update on Regional Rail Matters.
9. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION
Directions to Metro, One Gateway Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90012
* This is the unofficial format of the Planning & Programming Committee agenda.
For viewing MS Word, Powerpoint, and Excel documents - Download Adobe Acrobat Reader (free) or use Google Docs Reader (online)