Executive Management & Audit Committee** Agenda*
Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, April 21, 2011 9:00 a.m.
Call to Order
Don Knabe, Chair
Antonio Villaraigosa, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
- RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
- RECEIVE report of the Chief Communications Officer.
- RECEIVE oral Federal/State Affairs update.
- ADOPT the following positions on Federal Legislation:
- HR 1123 (Richardson) – SUPPORT
- Breaking Down Barriers Initiative – SUPPORT
- ADOPT the following positions on State Legislation:
- SB 214 (Wolk) – Would repeal the infrastructure financing districts requirement of voter approval and authorizes districts, to be in place for 40 years. SUPPORT
- SB 582 (Emmerson) – Would authorize a metropolitan planning organization jointly with the local air quality management district to adopt a commute benefit ordinance. SUPPORT WORK WITH AUTHOR
- SB 862 (Lowenthal) – Would establish the Southern California Goods Movement Authority and specify representation on the authority. SUPPORT WORK WITH AUTHOR
- SB 693 (Dutton) – Would allow Caltrans to delegate the authority for Pubic Private Partnerships to cities and countries. SUPPORT WORK WITH AUTHOR
- SB 907 (Evans) – Would establish Master Plan for Infrastructure Financing and Development Commission. SUPPORT
- AB 427 (Pérez) – Would establish a process to reallocate Proposition 1B transit security funds that remain unused and would authorize specified rail operator to be eligible for an additional source of funds. SUPPORT WORK WITH AUTHOR
- AB 892 (Carter) – Would extend the authority for Caltrans to participate in a pilot program whereby Caltrans is delegated authority to act under federal environmental laws. SUPPORT
- AB 1308 (Miller) – Would allow for continuous appropriations from the Highway Users Tax Account in the Transportation Tax Fund in any year in which the Budget Act has not been enacted by July 1st. SUPPORT
- RECEIVE AND FILE response to the motion by Director Antonovich as approved by the LACMTA Board of Directors on March 24, 2011 that instructed the Chief Executive Officer to provide a full assessment of Los Angeles County projects impacted by the potential cancellation of Proposition 1B bond sales in Fall 2011; a comprehensive legislative strategy, a comprehensive mitigation strategy to keep projects on schedule, and an outreach plan to the Los Angeles County state legislative delegation. (ALSO ON PLANNING AND PROGRAMMING AND FINANCE AND BUDGET COMMITTEE)
- APPROVE a Small Business Enterprise (SBE) Goal increase from 15% to 25% for FY11 and FY12 and SBE Program revisions implementing SB 1341 (Price) small business initiatives and SBE certification process changes.
- RECEIVE AND FILE status report on the policies, procedures and practices changed in response to the Management Audit Services (MAS) audit findings regarding competitive bidding.
(ALSO ON MEASURE R PROJECT DELIVERY COMMITTEE)
- WITHDRAWN: RECEIVE AND FILE Clean/Green Construction Policy Update.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION
Last Revised: Friday April 29, 2011