Advanced Transit Vehicle Consortium Agenda*
Location & Date
Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Wednesday, April 20, 2011 11:00 a.m.
Pam O'Connor/Michael Bohlke (Chair)
Michael Antonovich/Michael Cano
Dr. William Burke/Dr. Chung Liu
Antonio Villaraigosa/Jaime De La Vega
Zev Yaroslavsky/Vivian Rescalvo
President – Richard Hunt
Executive Vice President – John Drayton
Chief Financial Officer – Josie Nicasio
- APPROVE minutes of Board Meeting held August 26, 2009
- CONSIDER: ZEB/Super Low Emission RFP:
- The ATVC Board finds that the procurement of forty-foot (40’) Zero Emission Transit Buses under Public Utilities Code § 130232 does not constitute a procurement method adequate for MTA’s needs. The Board hereby authorizes procurement of these 40’ advanced transit buses pursuant to Public Contracts Code (PCC) §20217 for procurement by competitive negotiation.
- Authorize the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to solicit a Best Value Request for Proposal (RFP) for a contract to purchase up to 10 advanced transit buses, with Options for up to an additional 20 buses, as a competitive negotiation pursuant to PCC § 20217 and MTA’s Procurement Policies and Procedures.
- Authorize staff to include RFP terms and conditions, evaluation criteria and proposal requirements designed to create employment opportunities in Los Angeles County if permitted by the project funding source.
(REQUIRES 2/3 VOTE)
- RECEIVE AND FILE Extension of Technical Consultant Contract
- RECEIVE Status Update on ATVC Activities
- Hybrid Bus Demonstration Project (Rabottini)
- RECEIVE Status Update on Metro Bus Procurements and Technology Projects
- 40’ CNG Bus RFP (Drayton)
- CARB Zero Emission Bus (ZEB) Regulations (Drayton)
- Technology Roadmap (Dr. Arieli)
- PUBLIC COMMENT
- Consider items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Board; and items requiring immediate attention because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Board subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
Last Revised: Friday April 29, 2011