Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 1:00 p.m.
Call to Order
Diane DuBois, Chair
Zev Yaroslavsky, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
A. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to execute a firm fixed price Contract No. PS4330-2863 for the Union Station Master Plan with Gruen Associates for an amount not to exceed $4,150,000;
B. establishing Contract Modification Authority of 15% of the not-to-exceed contract award value and authorizing the CEO to execute individual Contract Modifications within and up to the Board approved Contract Modification Authority;
C. delegating to the CEO, should staff be unable to conclude negotiations with Gruen Associates, the authority to negotiate and execute a contract with the next most qualified proposer; and
D. increasing the Proposed FY13 budget by adding $990,000 in Cost Center 4520, in Countywide Planning Project 405557 Union Station Transportation Master Planning.
A. approving the award recommendations totaling $19,246,743 in federal Job Access and Reverse Commute (JARC) and $4,127,185 in federal New Freedom (NF) funds;
B. amending the fiscal year (FY) 2013 Budget to add the necessary revenues and expenses for the projects recommended for funding awards per Action A, once the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) awards JARC and NF grant funds;
C. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer or his designee to negotiate and execute pass-through agreements with agencies approved for funding award recommendations per Action A once the FTA awards JARC and NF grant funds; and
D. certifying that there has been a fair and equitable distribution of federal JARC and NF funds resulting from a competitive selection process and that projects recommended for funding awards per Action A were derived from our region's Coordinated Public Transit-Human Services Transportation Plan that the Board of Directors approved in January 2008.
A. awarding $1,000,000 in Transit Oriented Development Grants to the five recommended jurisdictions;
B. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to execute Grant Agreements for the funds; and
C. approving the revised Lapsing Policy, for Rounds 2 and 3.
8. APPROVE the reprogramming of $61.6 million in project savings from the Metro Orange Line Canoga Extension to the East San Fernando Valley North/South project and other related actions, to ensure the timely use of Proposition 1B State and Local Partnership Program funds.
9. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate and execute a Contract Modification No. 2 to Contract PS4010-2178-16-05, Task Order No. 1 with CH2M Hill for up to eighteen-months, July 1, 2012, to December 31, 2013, for procurement support for the Regional TAP Service Center, for an amount not to exceed $1.2million, increasing the total contract value from $407,545 to $1,607,745.
A. adding the Venice Metro Rapid to the Metro Rapid Expansion Program; and
B. allowing existing Metro Rapid Expansion Program funds to be used for capital improvements.
11. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to:
A. award a firm fixed price Architectural & Engineering task order under Contract No. PS4010-2540 Highway Programs Planning & Deliverables Bench Contract to Axiom Engineering & Science Corporation (Axiom) in the amount of $387,120 for professional services to provide project management and quality control for the Central and North I-710 Utility Relocation Studies contracts;
B. execute individual contract modifications as required, but not to exceed a cumulative total of up to 15% of the contract value, to cover the cost of any unforeseen issues that may arise during the performance of the contract; and
C. increase Task Orders under the individual Highway Bench Contracts from $250,000 up to $500,000 per contract.
12. RECEIVE oral report on Highway Program Project Budget and Schedule Status.
13. RECEIVE AND FILE a report on status, results and interim recommendations of the Public-Private Partnership Program. (Attachment A) (Attachment B) (Attachment C) (Attachment D) (Attachment E) (Attachment F) (Attachment G) (Attachment H)
15. RECEIVE update on Regional Rail Matters.
16. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION
Directions to Metro, One Gateway Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90012
* This is the unofficial format of the Planning & Programming Committee agenda.
For viewing MS Word, Powerpoint, and Excel documents - Download Adobe Acrobat Reader (free) or use Google Docs Reader (online)