Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:00 p.m.
Call to Order
John Fasana, Chair
Zev Yaroslavsky, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
53. Operations Employee of the Month.
54. RECEIVE the Transit Operations report.
55. RECEIVE report on System Safety.
56. RECEIVE report on Los Angeles Metro Protective Services (LAMPS).
A. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer of LACMTA's intent to exercise Option No. 2 to MOU PS2610LASD with the County of Los Angeles Sheriff's Department to provide law enforcement services for the period covering July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014;
B. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to execute, on a single source basis, Option 2 to MOU PS2610LASD; and
C. staff will return to the Board for funding authorization to exercise FY14 Transit Community Policing Services, Option 2.
58. REJECT all bids received in response to OP 123367090, cancel the procurement, and issue a new Invitation for Bid for Metro Orange Line Tree Trimming Services.
59. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award a 24-month, firm fixed price contract under Bid Number 12-0049 to the lowest responsive and responsible bidders for janitorial paper products for an amount not to exceed $1,189,357, inclusive of sales tax and a one-year option for the following:
A. P&R Supply Company line items 1 (Blue Surgical Towels), 2 (Blue Windshield Paper Towels), 3 (C Fold Paper Towels), 4 (Single Fold Towels) and 6 (8" Roll Towels) for a total contract value of $220,007 inclusive of sales tax; and
B. Gale Supply Company for line item 5 (Bonded Cellulose Wiper), for a total contract value of $969,350 inclusive of sales tax.
A. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate and execute Contract Modification No. 1 to Contract No. C0948 with Siemens Industry Inc., to provide a seven-month project schedule acceleration including a portable substation in the amount not-toexceed $2,500,000, increasing the total contract value from $54,771,091 to $57,271,091;
B. authorizing the Chief Executive Officer to negotiate and execute Contract Modification No. 2 to Contract No. C0948 with Siemens Industry Inc., to provide repairs on substation infrastructure in the amount not-to-exceed $1,500,000, increasing the total contract value from $57,271,091 to $58,771,091;
C. approving reprogramming the $1,384,304 of ARRA funds from project savings from other Metro Capital Projects; and
D. approving an increase to the Contract Modification Authority to execute future contract modifications to Contract No. C0948 in amounts not-to-exceed $5,000,000.
61. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award a five-year firm fixed unit rate contract OP123367091 to Marina Landscape, the lowest responsive, responsible bidder, to provide landscape and irrigation maintenance services along Metro Orange Line in an amount not to exceed $3,452,406.48, inclusive of two options years, effective January 1, 2013.
62. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to execute Modification No. 2 to Contract No. PS07701003B with Enterprise Rent-A-Car and Contract PS07701003C with VPSI, Inc. extending the current vanpool lease program for a period of five months, for an amount not to exceed $1,995,000 increasing the total contract value for the Metro Vanpool Program from $22,078,400 to $24,073,400.
63. APPROVE modification authority for Contract OP02461010 with Cubic Transportation Systems, Inc for an amount not to exceed $14.6 million for TAP system enhancements. The recommended actions will be funded through the existing Life of Project balance for the Universal Fare System (200225), the Regional Transit Access Pass System (200351) and the Metro Rail Gating (210094) Capital Projects (CP's). No additional funds are being requested.
A. approving programming of $5.7 million from fiscal year (FY) 2011 Federal Department of Homeland Security-Transit Security Grant Program funds for projects to provide dedicated support of Los Angeles County Sheriff's Interdiction Unit and drills relating to Union Station and installation of high definition closed circuit television in Union Station;
B. approving programming of $16.1 million from fiscal year (FY) 2010- 2011 California Transit Security Grant Program (CTSGP) for emergency bus and rail operations center;
C. approving the reprogramming of $8.8 million FY 2008-2009 CTSGP funding; and
D. approving the Life-of-Project budgets.
65. RECEIVE AND FILE report on budget themes and performance metrics. (ALSO ON FINANCE, BUDGET AND AUDIT COMMITTEE)
66. RECEIVE AND FILE a report on a program of projects developed in collaboration with Montebello Bus Lines to increase ridership on the Metro Gold Line Eastside Extension contingent upon Montebello City Council approval.
67. RECEIVE oral activities update from Citizens' Advisory Council.
68. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION
Directions to Metro, One Gateway Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90012
* This is the unofficial format of the System Safety and Operations Committee agenda.
For viewing MS Word, Powerpoint, and Excel documents - Download Adobe Acrobat Reader (free) or use Google Docs Reader (online)