Metro Board Room, One Gateway Plaza, 3rd Floor,
Thursday, November 15, 2012 10:15 a.m.
Call to Order
Don Knabe, Chair
Pam O'Connor, Vice Chair
Michael Miles, non-voting member
Arthur T. Leahy, Chief Executive Officer
Michele Jackson, Board Secretary
Karen Gorman, Ethics Officer
Karen Gorman, Acting Inspector General
County Counsel, General Counsel
51. RECEIVE report by the Caltrans District Director on Delivery of Projects on I-5.
52. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to enter into a bid stipend agreement with each of the short listed proposers for the Regional Connector Transit Corridor Project in the amount of $1,000,000 per stipend agreement for unsuccessful responsive proposers. Upon contract award to the successful responsive proposer, the common construction industry practice is to pay a stipend to each unsuccessful responsive proposer because of the high cost of producing a competitive and comprehensive engineering and cost proposal.
53. AUTHORIZE the Chief Executive Officer to award a five year firm fixed unit rate contract under Request for Proposal No. OP83802979 with Lerch Bates, Inc., the lowest responsive and responsible proposer for Elevator/Escalator Maintenance Monitoring and Consulting Services for an amount not-to-exceed $1,143,242, inclusive of two one-year options.
A. increasing Life-of-Project (LOP) Budget for Crenshaw/LAX Transit Corridor Project, No. 865512, by $13.9 million increasing the LOP budget from $1,749.0 billion to $1.762.9 billion; and
B. programming $13.9 million in Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery grant available funds to cover the increase in the LOP Budget.
(ALSO ON FINANCE, BUDGET AND AUDIT COMMITTEE)
55. CONSIDER authorizing:
B. the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to execute a 5 year lease agreement, including up to five (5) one year options, with the Bakewell Hawthorne, LLC for the rental of office space and associated parking in an office building located at 4401 Crenshaw Blvd in Los Angeles, CA commencing January 1, 2013 at a not-to-exceed $3,529,310 (inclusive of tenant improvements) lease agreement monthly rent plus the annual cost of utilities and operating expenses.
56. RECEIVE Transit Project Delivery Executive Director's report. [ HANDOUT ]
57. RECEIVE oral report on Project Budget and Schedule Status.
76. RECEIVE oral report on the Regional Connector Little Tokyo Station Vent Shafts.
58. RECEIVE report of the Chief Executive Officer.
Consideration of items not on the posted agenda, including: items to be presented and (if requested) referred to staff; items to be placed on the agenda for action at a future meeting of the Committee or Board; and/or items requiring immediate action because of an emergency situation or where the need to take immediate action came to the attention of the Committee subsequent to the posting of the agenda.
COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC ON ITEMS OF PUBLIC INTEREST WITHIN COMMITTEE'S SUBJECT MATTER JURISDICTION
Directions to Metro, One Gateway Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90012
* This is the unofficial format of the Construction Committee** REVISED agenda.
For viewing MS Word, Powerpoint, and Excel documents - Download Adobe Acrobat Reader (free) or use Google Docs Reader (online)